Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Respect the Desperation

As you may know I surf different blogs looking for good blogs acout acupuncture, TCM, herbology, or women's health issues. I have mentioned and linked some of these blogs.

One thing that becomes clear to me is that many, many women that have menstrual irregularities are feeling everything from isolation to depseration to frustration that their doctor's just don't get it.

I understand this from a few different perspectives. One of my connections is to the National Endometriosis Research Center; I am their "alternative medicine consultant." In that role I have a link on their web page asking women to submit "questions they WISH their doctors would have asked." I have gotten some good questions out of that; however the most common thread is that the ladies feel that their doctors are not listening to them.

The next most common thread would be a mix between hopelessness for their condition and frustration that many people do not take their pain serious. I respect the frustration/desperation they are feeling, but I know there are alternatives. I can empathize about both of these. But it backs right up against my frustration.

I know that the majority of these cases can be greatly reduced, if not resolved by consistent acupuncture and Chinese Herbs. I keep trying to get this word out, but it feels like I am trying to push a glacier back up the hill.

I can accept that many people that read that last paragraph would say "Yeah, Right." But it is due to my experience in the clinic and in teaching the OB/GYN classes that I have developed the protocol I use, and I know it is effecitve, and it is flexible; as the woman's health changes so does the treatment protocol.

But how do I get the word out???

ANY suggestions woiuld be appreciated

4 Comments:

Blogger itsme said...

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in writing to you.
Tis the season...........
No worry, all comments welcome and the more opinions the better.
Different vantage points always wanted!

We just have preset news feeds for certain keywords for our patient blogs.

We are all patients or famly of.
We have no medical backgrounds!

The hope with these blogs is to create a patient oriented database that just may hold answers for at least one person....
I thank you for your visit on behalf of
our team.
Peace,
IHRT Blogger - Chef

10:28 AM  
Blogger itsme said...

Oh and let see.....
You would be wecome to blg on endotimes
if you wish?????
adhesion@ardcaht.com

10:30 AM  
Blogger Michael Clifford, L. Ac. said...

Thanks for the comments, would you either e-mail me directly or repair the link and or e-mail address. I cannot contact you through either the IHRT blogsite,or your e-mail address.
I would like to correspond if we can
Michael

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try getting the word out by posting your protocol. Without the info, no one's to know what it is so they can't try it unless they go to you. You're in AZ...the rest of us are scatterd about the country. I know you're in this to make money, but perhaps you'll consider karma payment enough.

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home