Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A new Quarter begins

Yesterday I got tot teach the beginning class of Tuina, the Chinese Medical Massage. It is an intersting class, and as always I know that I will learn a lot during the progression of the class. I will be teaching this two hours a week for three quarters. In that amount of time I better learn something!!!

I am also teaching the herbology, or Materia Medica for the school. As I wrote about earlier that class is going to be quate a challenge.

It is so interesting to see the differences between the two classes. In Tuina I have three students. I told them, "Well the good news is we will all work on each other, including me. The bad news is we will all work on each other, including me." I will definitely know if they are performing their techniques correctly, because my body will experience their technique. On the other side of the coin is the Materia Medical class; there are 9 students currently enrolled and one more potential. That is the largest class in the entire school. Nothing like a little responsibility on one's shoulders to keep me focused.

I also want to make a small comment about the previous comment to my last blog. On one hand I understand being skeptical, but as I read the comments it was not, in my opinion, skepticism, it was closed-mindedness; that I do not like. So my thinking is that I do want to keep the comments open, inquisitive and skeptical; but not closeminded. I try to keep as open of a perspective as I can and I am always open to learning new things. I am just not as open to closeminded unsupportable statements that masqurade as facts.

OK, now I will get off my soap-box.
Till the next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home