Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Some things get me STEAMED!!!

So I guess in all honesty I need to admit that today was not a good day. I was in a car wreck and while everyone is OK I know myself well enough to know that I am still upset by it. Be that as it may.

I was surfing around today when I read a blog that seriously offended me. It seems that someone got the brilliant idea of using BOTOX as a way to treat painful menses. Go to "http://endotimes.blogspot.com/2006/11/doctors-inject-botox-into-womb-to.html" to read their blog. It is on the Endo Times Link. Now, I know that I do not have a firm understanding of Western medicine, but this goes too far. Here is what I wrote as a comment to their blog:
"I am sorry to read this, and I am even more sorry to state that I think this is, by far, the most stupid and dangerous "treatment" I have ever heard of. The real danger of botox is not to be minimized, and to inject it into the uterus is, in my opinion, irresponsible.
I do not mean to rant. I do like your blog and I do appreciate this information. But this is NOT a wise choice. Again to go into my specialty, what type of cramps? Are they before, during or after the onset of her period? What about clots, color of menstrual blood? Thickness of blood and amount? All of these are very important, and has she tried complimentary medicine such as acupuncture and Chinese Herbs. Particularly in Australia(where this "treatment" is offered) the herbs are held to beyond pharmaceutical level of purity, and we know what the side effects are. What are the side effects of introducing botulism (which is what botox is made from)into the uterus.

OK, I am sorry. I will get off my soap-box. But this one got me steamed."


A quick google search for botox, risks found this: "Botox risks
You should not undergo botox cosmetic procedure if you are infected in the forehead area, i.e. where botox injections are made. You should avoid this treatment during the time when you are or might be pregnant. You are strictly not allowed to have botox treatment if you are allergic to this substance. Therefore, make sure you inform your doctor on these three conditions."

I still think the risk, by far outweighs the potential benefits, espcecially whenthere are good, safe, non-invasive treatments that work.

So, my question to you all is two-fold: first did I go "over-the-top" in my response, or was it somewhat contained? Secondly, what do you think of injecting botulism into the uterus? Is it just me or is it a guy thing and therefore I just can't get it? What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home