Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Working with my focus

I have written about this before, but when I get busy teaching I do not take as much time to build my business, then before too long I am not seeing enough patients. Then my focus shifts and I expend the energy needed to build my clinic. Kind of a see-saw activity, a reflection of the duality of this world.

I have decided to circumvent this if I can. I am going to try an 8 week advertising campaign, it is going to cost $20 per week. So if I get more than 3 treatments out of the entire campaign it will have paid for itself. But, of course the idea is more than to pay for itself.

I will be teaching an additional 6 hours per week next quarter, so I am not going to have a lot of time to focus on building my practice. That is why I am trying to create something that works for me.

I am also going to be giving a presentation at the University of Arizona hospital, to their OB/GYN department. I am very excited about this, as it gets to one of the issues that I feel is critical to our society as well as to the profession of acupuncture in our country. Integration of the two medical paradigms is, in my opinion, an immensely important step that is overdue.

Finally, if you noticed on the left side of my blog page I have finally gotten around to putting in some links to other blogs. I like each of these blogs, they are all different; but each is a good, well written blog. Surf over sometime and check them out.

I will write more, soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home