Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Monday, May 08, 2006

This is Truly Amazing

Every year I have to take a 'Continuing Education Course," the state, as well as the National Certification board requires at least 15 hours of training every year. I think this is a good thing and I have learned new things at every course I have taken. This years was no exception, but it did raise the bar for others to compare with.

The course was called "Auricular Medicine." Dr.'s Huang and Huang, a husband and wife team from Taiwan have been researching aruicular medicine for over 35 years. They have taken this medical art form into wholly new territory. After this week I will never look at an ear in the same way. Their way of looking and diagnosing is incredibly detailed, specific and backed by science.

When it came time to demonstrate they did NOT WANT ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION. They said, "We'll tell you and you can tell everyone here if it is correct." The first thing that caught my attention was when she looked at the volunteer's ear and said, "Oh, you snore at night." It was not a question. Visually she picked up several 'issues' that he confirmed. Then she started with the electrical detection machine. After several other issues she looks down to the floor and is quiet for a moment. Then she says, "You have hemorrhoids." Again not a question. She then looks at all of us watching and says " Sorry, no secrets here."

After the end of the day I gave someone a knee treatment. His knee was injured years ago in a Judo match, or training; every now and again it flares up. After the treatment I told him to come by the hotel the next day for lunch, I wanted to put in some ear seeds. When he got there I used the electrical detection machine. It was silent as I probed around his ear, until I got to the 'knee area' when it started to scream. That impressed me. I knew he has a knee problem and the theory of the machine says it should pick that up; but to have it verified is cool.

After the seminar while we were waiting for the plane I asked to have my ear checked over. My right hip has been sore for a few days. Either I am getting old or I just slept wrong a few day earlier... ANYWAY, I had a seed put on the point the machine indicated. This morning my pain is about 90% gone!!!

I am gonna continue to check this out. To say I am curious would be an understatement

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to say the rest of us are curious would also be an understatement. This is quite exciting. Next time we're together, you even get to check out Mom and Dad.

12:47 PM  
Blogger OneDNP said...

Hi - just found your blog so I have a lot of catching up to do!

What machine did the Huang's use? My electro acupuncture unit has a "point detector", but I never use it. Any idea on where they will be teaching next?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Michael Clifford, L. Ac. said...

Hello Mr. & Mrs Acupuncture,
The point detector the Huang's use is their own unit. I would reccomend that you contact lotus institute (e-lotus.com) or Evergreen Herbs. This class was fantastic and I am using the info in nearly every treatment.
Write to me directly, I would like to get to know you two.
michael@pcflmntn.com
Thanks,
Michael

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael, So easy to find your Blog now!
Am facinated by Huang's ablity to diagnose but what "seed" did you use to treat the knee pain?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Michael Clifford, L. Ac. said...

Hey Donna,
What part of the planet are you on now?
The seed is the Vicaria seed. It is very small, but not as small as a mustard seed. It is VERY hard, and it is neither hot, nor cold energetically.
The more I use this system the more I am impressed by it. Not to mention, truly fascinated.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home