Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Chipping Away

This week I got to see the lady with the neck pain.

Her pain level has dropped from the 9 level it was to a consistent 5. That is huge, and I do appreciate this change. But not as much as my patient does. ;-)

She said "I am almost afraid to talk about it because I do not want to jinx whatever you've done."

The trapezius muscle at the top of her shoulder has loosened up so it is now more like a rope instead of a steel cable. It is progress, to be sure. But it's not over, this I know.

The morning I saw her she had had a migraine, that had to have pain relief, medication style. When I saw her the headache had dropped to a 2. When she left she was happy, relaxed and pain-free.

I will keep chipping away at this. I know it will be resolved, and that she is in a much better position than she has been for the last 17 years...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! However, since you didn't tell us about the needle you left in, are we to assume that it's still there and that they'll never believe her story at the airport?

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home