Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Surgical Complications

I have been seeing a woman who had surgery ten years ago for a hernia. She has been in constant pain since then. Some relief now and again, but overall it has been an issue in her life since the day of the surgery.

She was told that it is due to the scars from the surgery and to have more surgery would porbably only make things worse.

Ten years is a long time.

She came to me from a former patient and was basically at the point of "I have tried everything else, nothing else has helped. Maybe this will."

The first treatment when I was palpating the site of the surgery I felt a scar about as big as my little finger, more or less. Same width and length. I did my regular type of treatment, but I also inserted needles directly into the ends of the scar.

When she came back in two weeks she was totally amazed to report that she had been nearly pain free for a week and a half. Not bad for one treatment...

The second treatment I branched out, quite a bit.

At the end of the treatment I worked on the scar with "invisible needles." At the lower end of her scar she said she could feel something like a thread being pulled out. Even I would have to say that is different.

After she got dressed, as we were talking she said somethin in her abdomen "released." I talked to her last week, we had to reschedule, but she had been nearyl pain free for the last two and a half weeks.

I can't wait to hear what she has to say today....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, this was fascinating. Please, please keep me and your other readers informed about this.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Michael Clifford, L. Ac. said...

Well she is doing pretty good. Had afew days of 'high pain' but more days of little or no pain. Even though the idea of acupuncture freaks her out, she is coming back every two weeks and seems to be getting better.
Maybe I will try electro-actupuncture next time...

3:34 PM  
Blogger Michael Clifford, L. Ac. said...

I just finished seeing my surgically complicated patient. She has been PAIN FREE FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS!!!
It always feels good to see a patient improve.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home