Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Year of the Dog

In just a few weeks it will be the CHinese New Year. We are leaving the Year of the Rat and entering the Year of the Dog. I only find that to be significant because I was born in a Dog Year.

I truly think this year my clinic is going to take off and exceed my dreams. My personal life is going to change too, but since I never write about my personal life I am not going to start now...

I have some amazing opportunities coming along. I just did a presentation, last week, to a group of doctor's and nurses that treat women that are experiencing postpartum depression. It was hosted by St. Joseph's Hospital here in Tucson. I was impressed to be in a group of directors for four or five local hospitals. There were nurses and psychiatrists, as well as a few doctors. It was interesting to speak to them about TCM and how we see postpartum depression. I was also surprised to learn that between 10 -13% of women experience PPD. Not just the 'baby-blues' but real depression and in some cases quite severe depression. Regrettfully the severe ones are the ones we hear about in the news...

From what I heard the group was really enthusiastic. But like I always say, "If you put that with $2 you can buy a cup of coffee downtown." I would love to get a foot in the door, but I know not to hold my breath.

I am also working to create a connection with the "Integrative Oncology Unit" to see if we can start working together. Save your $2 and just buy me one cup of coffee...

The one that may be the most fun would be the Wildcats (U-of-A) athletic department. I am trying to get a clinic going there. Who know's, first meeting went great. We'll see where it goes from there..

I would write more, but it is 10:40 and I have to get up early to finish my class notes. Teaching is fun, but it does keep me running.

Till the next time.

OH yeah, I forgot to mention I changed the comment section so that it takes a human to reply. I was getting more comments from robots on the web than I like...

Love & Respect to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home