Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What a year!!!

It has been just over a year since I moved back to Tucson. I am amazed to sit back and look at what all has been happening and what is on the horizon.

I am busy teaching two classes this quarter for the Asian Institute of Medical Studies. As always I enjoy teaching, though this load is keeping me running. I have to prepare lecture notes for each class and quizes.

I am reaching out in a more focused manner to allopathic doctors, in particular to two groups: the U-of-A is building a Cancer Hospital and I want to be working there when it opens in a year or so. I am also working with doctors and nurses that treat postpartum depression. Both of these groups are exciting and challenging areas that I would like to work with.

I know that Tucson will probably not be my home forever, but I do see myself staying here for a while and continuing to develop my skills.

This year I also plan on studying for and passing my national herbal exam. I know and use the herbs, but I need the certification so I can add more alphabets to my business cards...

All in all I am very glad I am here and am enjoying my time in the desert. But then again it is only 70 degrees outside and the 100+ days are at least two months away... I hope.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Barlow-Irick, PhD said...

Little Bro,
You can change the settings of your comments so that people have to register to make them or that they have to read one of those funny graphic codes, which keeps the machines from posting to ones blog. I will be changing mine to that if I ever get moved over to the new server. Sigh...

Meanwhile, keep up the good work.
YR sis,
JRW

9:17 PM  
Blogger Michael Clifford, L. Ac. said...

I did change it. I got one of the letters from a 'bot that was about 10megs of BS. Not what I want to read. TYVM

Hope all is well

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home