Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Saturday, July 29, 2006

An update

A few weeks ago I wrote about a lady that was going "very deep in her process" and how I felt that was being reflected in her pulses. Well it's time for a little update.

Today when she walked in I noticed something was different. When I asked her how she was and what was going on she told me that, "After I left the last time I saw you, everything has changed. I am not seeing things the same way. I am more easy going." This is a GREAT CHANGE.

The treatment I gave her last time is another "Michaelism." It will take a minute to explain.

The energy, or "Qi" that acupuncture deals with travels in a continuous circuit. For conversation sake it has usually been described as starting at the Lung meridian, then into the Large Intestine meridian, then into the Stomach, into the Spleen. This goes on through all twelve meridians 'ending' with the Liver meridian where it starts all over again into the Lung meridian. Each meridian is said to have a "entry point" and an "exit point.' [Though as currently taught in China this is not taught, at all. But that is another story.]

What I did for this patient was needle Liver-3 ~ "Taichong", then Liver-14 "Qimen " (the exit point on the Liver meridian) then needle Lung -1 "Zhongfu " (the entry point for the Lung meridian). My theory is that she has A LOT OF LIVER QI CONSTRAINT, OR STAGNATION and I wanted to "course the Liver." I also added in some "Shen Calming Points" Pericardium-6 "Neiguan" and Heart-7 "Shenmen."

By coursing the Liver to this degree she was able to release a lot of the pent up frustration and anger that has been holding her back.

Today when I came back into the room to check on her she commented that this was the first time she almost fell asleep while on the table. For her that is huge progress.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is neat! The report is a tad technical to those of us not trained in the art of Chinese medicine, but I have seen you perform the same kind of magic on a dear friend who shall be nameless. (See, I am trained a little bit)

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home