Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Another moment in the Spotlight

A year ago I had the opportunity to have a "small-business makeover" courtesy of the Arizona Daily Star. I hooked up with the business coach, Karen and she helped me to focus my business. I wrote a blog about that in July ~ "A Moment in the sun," well apparently the journalist liked what she wrote and wanted to follow up on my story.

It was good to refocus and see how far I have progressed, what areas have improved and what area's I still need to focus on. Overall many, many things have improved and I still need to clarify a few others and refine my focus as I evolve.

As I read the article I notice there are two mistakes. First of all I am NOT (yet) certifiend in Chinese Herbology. I am trying to carve out the time to study for this exam. I have had all the training, but never stepped up to the $750 plate to take a swing at that test. But I am working on it. The second mistake is the article gives the impression that I do acupuncture for Sunstone Cancer Support Center, I don't. I was teaching Tai Qi for them for 16 months, I am currently taking a break from that. But we were never able to get the time and focus to coordinate for me to be giving treatments through their facility. But I do know of them and know of their work and work with them to attempt to get the U-of A to allow acupucture into their new cancer hospital when it opens.

Other than that I really liked the article.

I have seen that as I focus on a specific type of patient I tend to get more patients. Now what is interesting to me is that the patients I am getting may not always be the ones I am targetting. But who cares?? I am getting new patients and that is what matters... Case in point, from the article it would seem that my focus is women's health and supporting patients as the undergo chemotherapy. Well that is true, but the patients I got after the article ran are neck and shoulder pain patients and a truly severe headache patient. But it is great, I am able to help them and we are enjoying our travels together. Or I should say I am enjoying our journey, I cannot say if they are... ;-)

One of the things I am trying, as always, to do is help people to see acupuncture & Chinese medicine as something other than the medicine of last resort. "Well I have tried everything else and nothings seems to work, I might as well try this." It would be so much more effective if we could get to the patients before being a last resort.

Thanks to all,
Respectfully,
Michael

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, you were aware of any errors, and "Other than that, I liked the article". Well, Mom and Dad liked the article -- period. I'm sure you realize what a wonderful boost the newspaper has given you. As a newspaper subscriber, I'm aware that we tend to ignore ads (because there are so many), but we READ articles. Two times, the Arizona Daily Star has done a feature on you. Bless 'em.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home