Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Saturday, December 23, 2006

A bit of a break

It is nice to have a bit of time between quarters. I am attempting to catch up on all the paperwork, and year end stuff.

All the students did well enough to pass the herb class. Next quarter is going to be challenging for all of us. I have been teaching the herb class two hours a week; next quarter and the following quarter it will be two two hour classes. It is going to be a challenge to keep up and for the students it will also be a bigger challenge to keep the herbs straight. This one does that, but not this. But compared to the other herb it is stronger in this action. Its enough to drive one crazy. Lucky for me it is a short drive, as I am almost there...

I have been seeing quite a few patients, and they are all interesting and progressing well. Just now I am thinking about the research project I am involved in. It is to study the effects of TCM in treating TMJ pain. What is really good is that it is a "real world study." By that I mean that if my patient is experiencing TMJ pain that is , of course what we will focus on; but if s/he is having back pain or digestive issues or what ever that is what we focus on. Just like in the real world.

It will be a one to one and a half year project, then the numbers get analyzed and we will see what comes of it. It is a NIH study, so that amazes me that we have this degree of flexibility in our treatment protocol.

Otherwise things are good. I hope all is well in your life. I would love to hear from my readers, to learn more about you, where you are, how you found my blog. Do my writings resonate, or do you find yourself asking "What is he going off about now?"

ANYWAY, Happy Winter Solstice. The true New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home