Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

It's always Good

Today Ihad the pleasure of meeting and treating an 80 year old man. He has had some neck pain for the last six months. No known cause, no trauma; what we call in TCM "lost pillow syndrome."

Anyway, he is a great guy. I hope I have his energy, vitality and health when I am his age.

We went through the "ten questions" (more like 100 in actuality) and he probably thought I was more than a little off my-rocker. I mean from his generational life experiences what would sores on the tip of his tongue have to do with his heart? But we had a few good laughs and made it through the questions.

He also had a "radical neck resection" about 20 years ago. Seems my new patient had developed some cancer in his lymph nodes on the left side of his neck, so they were removed. His sternocleidomastoid (neck) muscle is only scar-tissue on the left front side of his neck. I have never seen anything like this before.

I gave him a gentle acupuncture treatment and at the end of his treatment he said he felt so good he was ready to run a mile. It's always good to be able to help someone so easily. I will see him again next week, but I think that will wrap up his treatments for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home