Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Saturday, January 26, 2008

What am I doing these days????

Hello all,
It has been quite a while since I posted anything. The few of you that read this may be wondering what ever happened and what I am doing.

I am living in Rio Rancho New Mexico. I am NOT doing any acupuncture, but am working in an entirely new field. I am learning to operate the computer system for a laser scanner and digital camera system that is in a fixed wing airplane (Cessna 207) and will be flying to various places in the U.S. acquiring the data used to make 3D topographical maps.

To say the least it is a completely new direction in my life. All in all it has been great! I am learning a lot and am very excited about this line of work. Though it does raise a few questions in my mind.

Like "what about the last decade you spent studying, practicing and teaching acupuncture?"

I do not really have any direct answers. For those of you that know me this will not be any surprise. I know I loved the work I did, and I had my challenges with it as well. The two major challenges were the financial roller-coaster I was on. WOW, that was I ride. I definitely like a steady paycheck... And the other issue for me was a combination of my perception of our health-care system and our societal perception of health and responsibility for our own health.

I was finding myself getting disillusioned in my work. I know that in my life I try to remove all illusion so to be 'disillusioned' is actually a good thing. Though it did come with consequences in my life, I accept that and am overall happy for the change.

I still believe quite intensely in acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine, but I did find that I need to be doing other things without the implication of being involved in others lives in the degree that I felt I had to in order to help my patients make better life choices.

All in all, I enjoyed my time as an acupuncturist, and I believe I helped some people some times. I know I learned a lot in the process.

I may continue this blog as a way to explore my thoughts about TCM and its place in our society. What do you think? Should I, or should I let that too go into the past? Let me know what you think.

Respectfully,
Michael

1 Comments:

Blogger Forever Dream'n said...

Hi Michael -- Greetings from Tucson! We're glad to hear you're doing well. A little birdie told us that you experienced a "life event" last year. Congratulations! We hope you are very happpy -- you certainly deserve it! As to whether to continue your blog -- we'd like to hear about your travels, where you go, what you do, what you see. If you stay up on acupuncture, we'd like to hear about any new things in that field, too.

We are so privileged to have had you as our acupuncturist while you were here. Your compassion was genuine. We continue to see Sheh. She is wonderful and speaks so highly of you -- both as a teacher and a person. Thank you for having been in our lives.

When you get a chance, drop us a line at hikingdaddy@cox.net or hikenmama@cox.net

Stay centered -- enjoy Life,
Mike, Betty, Alex

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home