Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Focusing on the work, and working on my focus

It was great to have a break from teaching. The classes all went very well, everyone pased, even if just barely. Over the break I bought a new book on Chinese herbology; Jiao, Shu-De "Ten Lectures on Medicinal's." He is amazing. These lectures take the understanding of herbology to a completely different level; Jiao, Shu-De has been studying and working with Chinese herbology for over six decades. He brings that level of experience into his lectures in a very readable and understandable manner. Of course kudo's go to the translating team.

Getting this book has been great for me in that it has re-energized my enthusiasm for teaching and understanding the herbs. That is always great.

I have been seeing some interesting patients, and getting good results in the treatments; that is always a good thing...

This quarter is a very full load for teaching, clinic and trying to have a life outside of all of that. But it is workable and so far it feels GREAT. Because I am so busy in all of this I have to be very focused. I enjoy that, it helps in all aspects of my life.

I will write more, next week or so to give an update on my complicated patient I mentioned previously. She seems to be doing good, but I want to see her again, last week she had a cold and would not come out of the house...

Take care
Stay warm and Happy
Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home