Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

How often does this happen?

So here is the question of the day. When was the last time you heard of, or saw a major movie release that has Chinese Herbal Medicine as an integral part of the story?

Last week I was going to see one movie when I saw a poster for "The Curse of the Yellow Flower" starring Chow Yun Fat. I had never heard of this movie, but that is not surprising as I do not go to the theatre very often. But since I like the director and the leading actor I decided to give it a try.

It is a very good movie set in China around 1000 years ago. The colors, acting and story were all fantastic. I will say this movie shows 'dysfunctional families' at a completely different level.

Without giving the story away I will say that herbs are an integral part of the plot and it was fascinating to watch the scenes involving the herbal dispensary.

If you care to, go check this movie out. It will not stay on the big screen too long, but it is worth seeing.

Now back to work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home