Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Friday, March 23, 2007

End of the Quarter

It has been a while since I took the time to write a blog. Things have been going well, I have been very busy in my clinic and with teaching at Asian Institute of Medical Studies. I have enjoyed teaching this quarter, though it was a LOT of work.

I have been attempting to develop a new study to see if the protocol I have for treating endometriosis is as effective as I believe it to be. So I am now going to start looking for funding for this. Knowing the intensity of the pain these ladies deal with I think the price per patient ($1,220) is very very reasonable. The study would include 16 acupuncture treatments and herbs, and the "auricluar" treatments I have been incorporating into my treatments.

I have written a (very) rough draft of my initial idea and proposal. If any of my readers know who I might approach to find funding for this, please let me know.

Or if any of you have suggestions of a better way to write about this idea, please let me know. I am good at generating the idea's, but not as fluent as I would like to be in writing a clear concise proposal.

Endometriosis Treatment Protocol

I have developed an effective, safe treatment for endometriosis. I am looking to find a way to get 20 women to participate in a specific treatment protocol as a way to evaluate its effectiveness. The one patient I have worked with had great results, but that is only one.

The treatments will all include: acupuncture, Chinese herbology, and auricular seeds (left in place for up to 3 weeks at a time).

The protocol format is to receive weekly treatments for the first 8 weeks, then every other week for the next 8 weeks, with two treatments every three weeks for the remaining12 weeks. (16 total)

Acupuncture

Weekly treatments for 8 weeks will establish and regulate her menstrual cycle, noticeable reducing the myriad of pain many women experience with menstruation.

Bi-Weekly treatments will continue to regulate her cycle and address many of the underlying imbalances.

Treatments every 3 weeks will allow me to see each woman at all phases of her cycle throughout the remainder of the study time.

Chinese Herbal Therapies

One of the primary patterns of disharmony women experience with endometriosis is “Blood Stasis”, this will be the primary herbal focus, though it will vary with each woman to fit her unique situation

Auricular Therapies

Each ear is a microcosm of the entire body, by diagnosing and treating through the ears the treatments are extended well beyond the time of the treatment, and utilizing the diagnosis we can determine how the individual woman’s patterns are evolving.

Cost:

Acupuncture $65 per session (including auricular tx) $1040

Herbs $30 per month avg, $180

Total cost per Patient $1220

Total Study Cost (20 patients) $24,400



Let me know what you think, or if you can think of anyone to contact.

Thanks,
Michael

2 Comments:

Blogger jeanie marie kraft, L.Ac. said...

Hi- Great blog!
This is a brilliant idea. Do you have your patients pre-pay?

I have an acupuncture practice in MA.

I have just launched a website and blog dedicated to treating endometriosis and uterine fibroids with alternative medicine.
http://www.screaminguterus.com/
http://blog.screaminguterus.com/
I added your blog on my blogroll.

Thanks
jeanie marie

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

you have good idea about acupuncture.it will helpfull fo nerves i have also hear a lot about this.

keep it up....

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home