Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Friday, June 10, 2005

Picking up the pace

It is a very rewarding experience to see my clinic growing. To be working as hard as I can to promote and develop my clinic to the point that it is self-sustaining. In all the myriad meanings of the word.

The Tui Na clinic is doing very well. The students I have been supervising have developed their skills, taught me many lessons and developed a good working relationship with the patients. In an acupuncture school it is not uncommon to have the students change clinic supervisors every quarter. I was very pleased when both students requested to return to work with the Elder's again. I was even more pleased when the Assisted Living Facility agreed to let them start practicing acupuncture on the Elders that want it starting next quarter. That tells me that the work the students are doing is well recieved and that the staff has developed a degree of trust about acupuncture and the school.

I have been asked to teach a class at the school next quarter: Immunology from a TCM perspective. This is a GREAT opportunity for me. I always learn so much when I teach. If I include the hours of preparation for the class I am probably getting paid $.50 an hour. But hey I am having fun and learning an incredible amount. It is one thing to know a subject for my personal use and understanding; it is a wholly different sense of responsibility to teach this to a group of students. To be able to teach aspiring students ways to think 'outside the box' and to intentionally look for patterns that are subtle and discrete is a humbling responsibility.

My actual clinic is growing as well. It is interesting to see that since I have taken this teaching position I have had two new teachers come into my life; of course they come in under the guise of being patient's, but I recognize them for what they are.

All in all I am enjoying my summer, relishing in watching my efforts start to bear results.

I know I have many, many hurdles to cross, many lessons to learn. But I am enjoyin' the ride...


Will write more later. Maybe about the auricular clinic for treating ADHD kids....

Respectfully,
Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home