Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Thanks, I needed that!

As you may know I have been focusing on 'perimenopausal' women in my clinic. It has been very rewarding to me to hear how the treatments are helping. I do not think that as a guy I have any clue, whatsoever, about hot flashes.

One of my patients came in on her first treatment and repeorted that she was having hot flashes every 90 minutes. Can you imagine that? She has been experiencing this for nearly nine months when we met. I have had others say they have had hot flashes for six-years. That patient did not want to take the hormone replacement therapy because of her concerns over the side effects of HRT.

Every one of my perimenopausal patients is reporting ~ less frequent, less intense hot flashes, sleeping much better, being able to go back to sleep if she wakes in the night from a hot flash. My patient that was having a flash every 90 minutes told me earlier today that she ahs not had a hot flash all day (this was in the afternoon...).

The one patient that is not reporting great success is not taking the herbs I prescribe. She has concerns about herbal products and her husband is a pharmacist. Luckily for her she is not having hot flashes, she is just dealing with insomnia. She is getting some relief, but not the full relief that herbs and acupuncture together would provide. BUT, I also respect her concerns and position about the herbs; just because I believe in them does not allay her concerns.

So for now I am going to ask my patients to send me more referral's. I always want to build up my business...

That's all for today.

Respectfully,
Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home