Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Accessing One’s True Nature

As I wrote about in my last blog I have been impressed with the effects of auricular pellets, or ‘seeds’ (even thought they are made of stainless steel they are commonly called seeds). Over the last two weeks I have seen something else from the seeds.

Last week I put two seeds in both of the ears of my water-aerobics instructor. She has continuous back pain and I thought it was worth a try. About 15 to 20 minutes after I put the seeds in she “got goofy.” I say that with respect, she is a great lady, very high energy and very funny. After class I asked her if she was aware of the change in her demeanor and she said “Yeah, what’s up with that?” I had no answer, it was just an observation.

Yesterday I put seeds into a different patient. He is a very quiet, centered individual I was treating for knee pain. Today I saw him for a minute and asked how he was doing. “I have been very centered and focused since the treatment” he replied.

Later in my day I was thinking about these two different experiences. It led me to contemplate the nature of the two individuals.

Then I got it.

Each of these two different souls is more clearly expressing a more true aspect of their true nature. She was more vibrant and funnier, he was more focused and centered. Each was manifesting a true aspect of their nature.

This got me to wondering if I will observe this in more of my patients if I look for it. Which begs the question would that be an accurate observation or a reflection of my bias by looking for it?

It is interesting how this form of acupuncture works. I know that auricular acupuncture does not work for everyone, and I will not be using it on every patient; but it is effective. I guess tonight I ought to put a couple of seeds into my own ears. I am always trying to access my true inner-nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home