Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Truth of my medicine

Today I have been reflecting on what is the TRUTH of my medicine. By that I mean why do I practice and study acupuncture? What is it that I want to accomplish in my interactions and treatments? I am deeply contemplating this issue as I sense that it has changed, or my relationship to the medicine has changed, or my awareness of and need to be clear about my unique approach to this medicine has come to the forefront of my consciousness and I have to get clear about what my intention is.

I do believe that this medicine is very powerful, but it is also very subtle. I feel that one area I may explore is trying to develop more of an interface with Western medicine and work to develop a truly 'complimentary' practice.

I enjoy working with my patients and seeing the changes in their lives. I also enjoy seeing how I change through this interaction also. I try to learn from every patient I have the honor of working with.

In time I am sure I will get more clarity about how I want to "be" with this medicine, but for now I am just beginning another level of exploration into the truth of myself as it is being expressed in the practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home