Peaceful Mountain Acupuncture

A weekly blog about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States

This blog is going to be, primarily a venue for me to express my thoughts about Life and the complexities of the physical plane. My story is simple, I am an easy going individual and a moderate recluse. I am comfortable walking or sitting, talking or being silent. I am always seeking new friends and acquaintenances. I tend to look deeply and question myself about the lesson behind the experience. If you like what you read, please leave me a note, if you have a blog please leave me a link so I can read your writing as well. Thanks

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Approaching the Gates

Welcome to my Blog. I will attempt to keep my blog updated weekly, or more frequently as time and desire allows.
This blog is about my Acupuncture Clinic in Tucson Arizona. Though my thoughts about life will also sneek in.
I am a graduate of Southwest Acupuncture College in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I graduated in 2000 with a Master of Science in Oriental Medicine. I am a nationally certified diplomat of Acupuncture (NCCAOM) and a Licensed Acupuncturist in Arizona (AZ #240).
I find acupuncture work to be very rewarding, and very challenging. The reward is from the smile on my patients' faces, the challenge is paying the bills.
Currently I am attempting to develop connections with local midwives and birthing centers to help facilitate delivery; I am also developing connections with local hospices. There is something about working birth's and deaths that calls to me. Working both ends of the gate I guess.
Our society has such a phobia about death, it is sad. The only thing I ever guarantee anyone is that someday your physical carcass will die. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but lets accept that as fact. Our fear of death does not serve our society, our families, nor ourselves when our time comes. We need to develop a way to have realistic conversations about this reality.
We also need to find a way to talk about birth, preganacy and the beauty of life. To see a woman hold her newborn babe and actually see the maternal bond as it forms is a gift from God (no matter what word you personally choose to define/describe the entity that created all).

So, I will continue to develop my profession as I continue to develop myself. I will gladly approach the gates and help whoever I can as they cross into the next level of their incarnation. I will also cross the gate whenever my time comes.
Thanks for taking a moment of your time to read this. Please feel free to add any comentary you may have.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Barlow-Irick, PhD said...

Nice template for your blog. It looks serene.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Michael Clifford, L. Ac. said...

Thanks Sis, it was a pre-designed format. nice though, huh?

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home